Online sales will close 1 hour prior to each performance time or as tickets sell out.
Stay for post-performance “patch chat” for Girl Scouts and other students with cast members after select shows!
The Nutcracker Suite, MBT’s shorter-length version of the classic Nutcracker ballet, will be performed December 7-8 & 14-15; please click here. A sensory-friendly performance of The Nutcracker Suite will be offered on December 8th.
Guest Mother Gingers and “Day at the Ballet” events for the 2019 Season
Several local celebrities, elected leaders, and MBT alumni have loaned their time and talent to MBT, as a guest Mother Ginger, in support of the arts in our community! We thank these generous guest cast members for supporting MBT’s efforts to reach new audiences, and for continuing to promote awareness for the importance of arts education in our community. This year, we are partnering with other local nonprofit organizations in support of our shared community and highlighting those nonprofits through “Day at the Ballet” fundraisers and Mother Ginger guest roles.
- Saturday, Dec 7, 1:00pm – Molette Green, News Reporter & Anchor, NBC4 Washington, as Mother Ginger
- Saturday, Dec 7, 1:00pm – UMAC Day at the Ballet – supporting educational youth sports experiences
- Sunday, Dec. 8, 10:00am – Sensory-friendly performance in partnership with TLC
- Sunday, Dec. 8, 10:00am – Treatment and Learning Centers (TLC) Day at the Ballet – supporting improving lives and expanding possibilities for children and adults with special needs
- Sunday, Dec. 15 1:00pm – Lesli Creedon, President & CEO, Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic, as Mother Ginger
- Sunday, Dec. 15 1:00pm – Make-A-Wish Day at the Ballet – supporting wishes for children with critical illnesses
•The lobby opens one hour prior to performance time.
•The theater doors open 30 minutes prior to performance time.
•No food or drink is permitted into the theater, but refreshments are permitted in the lobby.
•Every person (including infants) must have a ticket, per fire marshal regulations.
•Refreshments and small gifts are available for purchase in the lobby.
•Flowers for your favorite cast member are available for purchase in the lobby.
•There is plenty of room in the lobby if your child needs a little break from the performance.
•Seating is available for people with disabilities; please speak with an usher.
•Our production of The Nutcracker lasts approximately two hours with a 15-minute intermission.
Attention Girl Scouts!
Earn your Nutcracker Patch by attending one of our special Girl Scout performances. Stay in your seats after the performance for our “Patch Chat” after performances on December 8th at 1pm and December 14th at 5pm. Click here for more info.
(Troop leaders, please note that official GSCNC Nutcracker patches can be ordered only by you through the Council. MBT’s 2019 commemorative Nutcracker patches are permitted on the back of your smock/sash and are currently available for preorder with your tickets, or will be available for purchase in the lobby, as supplies allow. Patches are 3.5″ diameter and are not included in the ticket price. Pre-orders of patches for your group can be arranged to have patches waiting for you at the performance if you like!)