November is MBT’s Annual Friends & Family Month! Please see the packet emailed to all MBT families for more information about special activities planned in the studio for this month!
Our Friends & Family Giving Campaign is MBT’s annual November fundraising appeal to our families and wider community. Help celebrate MBT’s Friends & Family, and all of our programming!
November Friends & Family Dates:
- November 10: Student Service Project at both studios; making ornaments and collecting socks, hats, mittens for City of Gaithersburg’s seniors programs – led by MBT’s Student Government Association. Bring donated new socks, hats, and mittens through November 20th. Our goal is 200 items donated to bring smiles to underserved seniors this winter holiday season!
- November 11, 9:30 – 4:30: Friends & Family Photo Shoot – sign up to have professional photos taken at the studio – signup at THIS LINK.
- With participation in Friends & Family Photos, you also have the opportunity to reserve your seats to the Nutcracker. This is often a wonderful way to make a gift and to avoid the general admission seating rush at the theater!
- November 12-15: Bring-A-Friend to any of your classes at MBT-Clarksburg!
- November 17: Select MBT Nutcracker characters perform at the Clarksburg Outlet Tree Lighting event
- November 23-24: Nutcracker Outreach at Barnes & Noble in Gaithersburg and Clarksburg Outlets
- November 27: Giving Tuesday. Please consider a gift to MBT in your giving plans! Keep your eyes peeled for a special gift from MBT!
- November 30: 30th Anniversary Season of MBT’s Nutcracker opens! Opening Night Sneak Peek Dress Rehearsal Performance at 5:30pm. Open to the public and many families from MBT’s partner outreach organizations!
- All month long: Make a gift to MBT’s programs! You can specify to use your gift for Academy needs, Production needs, Outreach, Scholarships, or greatest need! All gifts received by November 15th will be recognized in the Nutcracker playbill!
Other Key Dates:
Please note MBT does not always follow the MCPS calendar! Classes will be held as usual on November 6 & 7. MBT will close for Thanksgiving Break starting Wednesday, November 21. Classes resume on Monday, November 26th.